You’re only 4 ingredients from these Ultimate Skinny Margaritas. A refreshing sip that’s only 132 calories & naturally sweetened. The perfect margarita recipe to use year round.
The Best Homemade Skinny Margarita Recipe
This is the kind of margarita that makes you feel like you’re relaxing on the beach! It’s made with fresh lime juice, tequila blanco and sparkling water. Sweetened to your liking with agave nectar, this easy and refreshing cocktail is super low in calories and so delicious.
My original Margarita Recipe isn’t a high-calorie drink by any means – it only has about 200 per serving. But if you’re on a diet plan that involves counting calories, it helps to keep your drinks as healthy as possible. And these tasty homemade margaritas are only 132 calories each! Definitely a good go-to drink for happy hour.
What Is a Skinny Margarita?
A skinny margarita is simply a low-calorie version of the average margarita. Skinny cocktails use natural sweeteners like agave nectar to give you the same great flavors in a healthier way. This skinny margarita recipe uses fresh-squeezed lime juice for maximum deliciousness!
What Makes this Recipe Work
This recipe may not include the most typical margarita ingredients, but the end result is a satisfying cocktail with the margarita flavors you know and love! The lime and tequila are perfectly balanced, the soda water is the mixer that brings it all together, and the agave nectar sweetens everything up.
You know it’s an easy recipe when you can count the ingredients for it on one hand! Here’s what you’ll need to make low-calorie margaritas:
- Tequila Blanco: Any kind of clear tequila will work.
- Lime Juice: Freshly squeezed!
- Topo Chico: This Mexican mineral water has its own range of health benefits, but sparkling water would work just fine.
- Agave Nectar: To taste, for sweetness.
How to Make a Skinny Margarita
This skinny margarita recipe makes the most refreshing cocktails in a snap. You just have to shake everything up and serve!
- Combine Ingredients: To a cocktail shaker, add the tequila, lime juice and agave nectar. Gently shake.
- Pour & Serve: Pour the shaken cocktail over ice, top with topo chico garnish with lime wedges and serve.
Tips for Success
If you’re not familiar with making margaritas, I’ve got you covered. These easy tips and tricks will ensure success!
- Use Good Quality Tequila: For any simple cocktail made with minimal ingredients, I suggest using high-quality liquor that you actually enjoy.
- Sweeten to Taste: I don’t like my drinks to be overly sweet, so you might want to add a little more agave nectar to yours if you prefer a sweeter cocktail.
- Salt the Rim: To salt the rim of your glass, rub all around it with lime juice and then dip it into a shallow plate of salt. This adds a classic finishing touch!
What to Serve with Margaritas
There are plenty of things that pair wonderfully with margaritas. They’re a versatile drink that works for weeknights and holidays alike! Here are some dishes that go exceptionally well with these skinny margs.
- Shrimp Tacos: My smoky, savory Shrimp Tacos are made with an avocado crema and a cilantro lime slaw that lends itself well to these zesty margaritas.
- Enchiladas: You can’t go wrong if you pair your margaritas with these Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas. So many yummy Mexican flavors in one meal!
- Grilled Chicken: I love sitting back with a cold, fresh margarita and a tender piece of Cilantro Lime Chicken with Avocado Salsa.
Can I Make Margaritas in Advance?
You can make these margaritas about 4 hours ahead of time. Just prepare a glass or pitcher and keep it covered with plastic wrap in the fridge until you’re ready to serve. You may have to stir around the margarita a bit to make sure everything is still mixed. If you’re making margaritas in advance, don’t add the ice until just before serving.
More Cocktail Recipes to Try
I love a good boozy drink, and I have so many delicious cocktail recipes to be discovered! These are a couple of my favorites.
- The BEST Fresh Raspberry Mojito Recipe
- Easy Low Calorie Lime Mint Kombucha Cocktail
- Ultimate Frozen Strawberry Margarita Recipe
- Frozen Mango Margarita Recipe
Have you ever wanted to enjoy a fresh, fruity cocktail without consuming too many calories? Say hello to The Ultimate Skinny Margarita Recipe! It’s easy to make a single serving or a pitcher of sweet and tangy margaritas with just 4 ingredients.
To Make a Single Serving
- 2 oz. tequila blanco
- 3/4 oz. fresh lime juice
- 4 oz. topo chico (or sparkling water)
- 1/2 teaspoon agave nectar
To Make a Pitcher
- 1 1/2 cups tequila blanco
- 5 oz. lime juice
- 3 cups topo chico
- 3 teaspoons agave nectar
- To a cocktail shaker add tequila, lime juice and agave nectar. Gently shake.
- Pour over ice, top with topo chico and garnish with lime wedges.
To Make a Pitcher:
- To a pitcher add tequila, lime juice and agave nectar. Gently stir.
- Mix in topo chico. Pour over ice and garnish with lime wedges.
** If you like a sweeter margarita, add an extra teaspoon of agave nectar.
- Serving Size: 1 margarita
- Calories: 132
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 5 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: skinny margarita recipe, low calorie margarita, low calorie tequila drinks, tequila cocktail, simple margarita recipe, tequila recipes, margarita on the rocks