A light & easy Garlic Pasta for two, perfect for those romantic evenings with the spouse.
Happy October everyone! Can’t believe that we are already in October. Where has all the time gone?
Today I would like to feature another awesome guest blogger, her name is Carrie and she is the author, photographer, recipe maker, and creative genius behind Frugal Foodie Momma. Be sure to give her a warm welcome and head over to her site to show her some love! Without further adieu!
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- handful of fresh basil leaves, chopped
- enough cooked angel hair pasta for 2
- salt & pepper, to taste
- In a medium saucepan, start your water to boil for your pasta. I like to throw in a couple of pinches of salt to my water before boiling.
- While the water starts to boil, mince your garlic.
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil for a minute or two. Add the garlic and saute 1-2 minutes, just until it starts to turn golden. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Once the water is boiling, throw in your angel hair pasta. It should only take 3-4 minutes to cook since it is a thin pasta.
- Drain your pasta once cooked and then dump into a large mixing bowl.
- Scrape the garlic and olive oil in the skillet over the cooked pasta. Squeeze in the lemon juice and then toss in the Parmesan cheese and chopped basil. Toss well.
- Taste the pasta and then season with salt & pepper to your taste.
- Divide the pasta onto two plates and garnish with additional shredded Parmesan and fresh basil, if you prefer.
Hello all! I am Carrie and I blog over at Frugal Foodie Mama about my life as a stay-at-home mom to a baby and a teenager, my family’s journey to become a little more eco-responsible everyday, and how I still manage to stay a foodie on our one income budget. Please stop on over and say hi!