Healthy Carrot Cake Muffins perfect for a grab’n go breakfast or afternoon snack!
Healthy Carrot Cake Muffins sweetened with applesauce and maple syrup. These Muffins are insanely moist and taste just like carrot cake but without all the guilt! Perfect for a grab’n go breakfast or afternoon snack!
A little over two years ago I was sitting in a women’s Bible Study with my friends. We were sharing prayer requests and at the time my prayer requests were for the Lord to heal my body so that I could get pregnant. The women in the group put their hands on me and starting praying. A couple minutes in I had this vision.
It was a vision of this little girl, who was about 2-3 years old. She had curly blonde hair, tan skin, and was wearing this cute floral sun dress. She was walking through a field of high grass with her arms out and hands gently touching the grass as she walked by and then she started twirling. She was twirling so fast that her dress started to fly up and twirl around her, I saw a glimpse of a sweet little smile and then the vision stopped.
The ladies finished praying for me and I could barely make eye contact with anyone. Was that something I just made up in my mind? Was that from the Lord? Was he telling me I was going to have a baby girl? Or was that just my desire coming through?
I told a close friend of mine but honestly haven’t really told a whole lot since then except Mike and close friends.
Sometimes it’s scary to walk into something like that. I knew that what I saw was real and something so intricate I couldn’t conjure it up. But believing that vision is a whole another story. I was scared. What if it didn’t come true.
Well as you know last Tuesday we had our “gender reveal party.” All day the butterflies where going in my tummy and all I could see was that vision. It finally came time to pop the confetti cannon and guess what came out!?
I just burst into tears. God is so good and his promises are true, sometimes we just need to walk into them in faith! We cannot wait to welcome a baby GIRL into the family. Yeah for bows and headbands.
Ok, on that girlie note. Let’s talk about something else that’s girlie. Cake!
Carrot Cake to be exact. The last couple of weeks after my morning workout I’ll head over to my favorite little cafe to grab a coffee, lunch, and set up shop for the day to work. Lately I’m starving after my workout so I’ll usually grab a muffin and my muffin of choice has been Carrot Muffins.
Ya’ll they seriously taste like carrot cake but way better.
So of course I attempted to make them at home.
These Healthy Carrot Cake Muffins are nothing short of delicious!
They are loaded with a cup and a half of grated carrots so in every bite you see a little speck of orange, juicy raisins, a hint of cinnamon and nutmeg, and healthy flavorful liquids to make sure these muffins stay nice and moist.
These Carrot Cake Muffins will be the perfect after school snack for your kiddos or mid-day pick me up! Cuz … who doesn’t want to eat cake? Right!!
Bon Appetit friends.. and happy baking!
- Serves: 12 muffins
- Serving size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 167
- Fat: 4 g
- Saturated fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 27 g
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 165 mg
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 31 mg
- 2¼ cups white whole wheat flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup finely grated carrots
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To a large bowl add white whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir. Set aside.
- To a medium bowl add unsweetened vanilla almond milk, maple syrup, unsweetened applesauce, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, and eggs. Whisk until the mixture it smooth and completely combined. Gently fold in the grated carrots.
- Add the wet ingredient mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until all ingredients are incorporated. Fold in the raisins.
- Add cupcake liners to each muffin tin. Fill each hole ¾ of the way full.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes, until the top is somewhat golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and then from the muffin tin to let cool.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!
Want More Healthy Muffin Recipes?