Healthy Carrot Cake Muffins sweetened with applesauce and maple syrup. These Muffins are insanely moist and taste just like carrot cake but without all the guilt! Perfect for a grab’n go breakfast or afternoon snack!
- 2 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup finely grated carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To a large bowl add white whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir. Set aside.
- To a medium bowl add unsweetened vanilla almond milk, maple syrup, unsweetened applesauce, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, and eggs. Whisk until the mixture it smooth and completely combined. Gently fold in the grated carrots.
- Add the wet ingredient mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until all ingredients are incorporated. Fold in the raisins.
- Add cupcake liners to each muffin tin. Fill each hole 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes, until the top is somewhat golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and then from the muffin tin to let cool.
Recipe adapted from Running with Spoons
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 167
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 165 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 27 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 31 mg
Keywords: healthy muffins, healthy carrot muffins, whole wheat muffins