The easiest scone recipe you’ll ever make, because it’s made in a blender!! Almond Chocolate Cherry Scones, loaded with flavor and CHOCOLATE! These scones are the perfect quick breakfast and your coffees new best friend!
Anyone else think Cherry Season is the best season?
I could literally sit down with a bowl of them and just go to town. Oh wait. I do already do that. 🙂
And pretty sure that the worlds most genius invention was the cherry pitter. My son loves cherries just as much as I do and that cherry pitter has saved me tons of time!
Last year I attempted to make Cherry Scones and the entire recipe was a hot mess. The scone itself was so dry, lacked flavor and sweetness plus the photos were absolutely horrible. I scrapped the whole thing and forgot about it.
Until this year. This year I was determined. I changed up the recipe a bit and added C H O C O L A T E cuz let’s be honest, chocolate just makes everything better.
But the best part of this recipe is how you make it! In the past I’ve used a pastry blender, kneaded the crap out of the dough, got a good workout trying to get the butter incorporated and the dough to the right consistency.
Well, not this time!
This time the blender does all the work for you .. and can I just say. OMG! Totally doing it this way from now on! So stinking easy and the end product tastes incredible!
These may just be my new favorite scones … ok … maybe they’re tied for first with my Cranberry Orange Scones.
Either way they are a must have and guaranteed to be your coffees new best friend!
These Almond Chocolate Cherry Scones come together in minutes! They are a fun Saturday morning breakfast to make with the kids, perfect for a grab n’ go breakfast during the week and definitely a great addition to any brunch!
Bon Appetit my friends!Print
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons of unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup pitted cherries, halved or diced
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare a baking sheet by place a large sheet on parchment paper on it.
- To a food processor add whole wheat flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Blend to mix.
- Next add pieces of butter to the blender. Pulse blender until the butter is combined and starts to look like small peas.
- In a small bowl, add almond milk, vanilla extract, almond extract, and egg. Whisk together and add liquid mixture to the blender. Pulse the blender until the mixture starts to look like a dough and wet and dry ingredients are combined.
- Place dough on a well floured surfaced. Add cherries and chocolate chips to the dough. Using well floured hands, gently fold the cherries and chocolate into the dough.
- Form the dough into a large disc shape.
- Cut dough into 8 triangular pieces.
- Add the scones to the prepared baking sheet. Place about 1″ apart from each other. Sprinkle the tops with the sliced almonds.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes. (14 minutes was my sweet spot)
- Remove from oven. Let cool for 5 minutes and serve
- Serving Size: 1 scone
- Calories: 362
- Sugar: 20 g
- Sodium: 262 mg
- Fat: 17 g
- Carbohydrates: 50 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 54 mg
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!