These easy Almond Chocolate Cherry Scones are made in a blender! They’re loaded with fresh cherry flavor and melty chocolate. They make the perfect quick breakfast, and they’ll be your coffee’s new best friend!
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons of unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup pitted cherries, halved or diced
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare a baking sheet by place a large sheet on parchment paper on it.
- To a food processor add whole wheat flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Blend to mix.
- Next add pieces of butter to the blender. Pulse blender until the butter is combined and starts to look like small peas.
- In a small bowl, add almond milk, vanilla extract, almond extract, and egg. Whisk together and add liquid mixture to the blender. Pulse the blender until the mixture starts to look like a dough and wet and dry ingredients are combined.
- Place dough on a well floured surfaced. Add cherries and chocolate chips to the dough. Using well floured hands, gently fold the cherries and chocolate into the dough.
- Form the dough into a large disc shape.
- Cut dough into 8 triangular pieces.
- Add the scones to the prepared baking sheet. Place about 1″ apart from each other. Sprinkle the tops with the sliced almonds.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes. (14 minutes was my sweet spot)
- Remove from oven. Let cool for 5 minutes and serve
- Serving Size: 1 scone
- Calories: 362
- Sugar: 20 g
- Sodium: 262 mg
- Fat: 17 g
- Carbohydrates: 50 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 54 mg
Keywords: how to make scones, scones recipe, easy scones recipe, best scones recipe, chocolate scones, easy breakfast recipe, healthy easy breakfast recipe, healthy breakfast recipe