An easy decadent Peanut Butter Chocolate Mousse recipe made with 3 ingredients then topped with a homemade Coconut Whipped Cream, this recipe is to die for!
I know I know. Normally you don’t get a delicious recipe from me on Tuesday, but today is a special occasion so it calls for drastic measures. AKA a post on a Tuesday, I’m a wild woman … watch out!
Today me a couple of my blogger friends are throwing a Virtual Baby Shower for our sweet friend Christina who blogs over at Dessert for Two! What is a virtual baby shower you ask? Well, it is us weirdo bloggers way of celebrating a friend in the virtual world because we live in all over the US and its too hard to actual get together. What does that mean for you?
You get lots of tasty recipes that are fit for a baby shower! (all the other recipes will be at the bottom of this post, so be sure to scroll down)
Ok, so let’s get back to the guest of honor! Christina Lane! This girl…
She is pretty stinking incredible! I had been following her for a while, not in the crazy stalker way, but in the wow-your-recipes-are-incredible-and-your-photography-is-stunning-kinda-way. I got the pleasure to meet her last year at a conference and was completely inspired! She was one of the speakers on a panel talking about Social Media Platforms. Some of her answers to questions just left me wanting to thank her afterwards. She was so real, vulnerable, and didn’t care what other people thought. She was just gonna be herself and thats that.
People are attracted to people who are confident. Who know who they are and walk in that. Who don’t try to be someone else or what other people want them to be and that is who Christina is. But even more than that her heart is so tender. She truly cares about people! Since the conference we have kept in touch. I have been asking her questions about blogging and cookbook adventures and she has been so generous with insight and encouragement!
PS if you haven’t gotten her cookbook yet Dessert for Two. GET IT. Mouthwatering recipes included and all the recipes are made for two people! I have it and it is to die for!
So, todays recipe is in honor of Christina! One thing I know that girl likes is her sweets! Ok, I do too, any excuse for chocolate right! This 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Chocolate Mousse is the easiest thing you will make in your life. It is incredibly rich and decadent – everything a girl wants in her dessert. Then its topped with Coconut Whipped Cream to balance off the rich chocolate flavor.
The crazy thing about this Mousse is it has no milk, cream, or eggs in it. It is literally made with just chocolate, PB2 (peanut butter powder), agave and water. I don’t consider water an ingredient because – its water! Its kinda like adding salt and pepper to something – not ingredients. The texture of this Peanut Butter Chocolate Mousse is what dreams are made of! Creamy, chocolate – almost pudding like!
The part that takes some planning for this dish is the Coconut Whipped Cream – but its so worth it, it totally completes this dish! The can of coconut milk needs to be placed in the refrigerator the day before so that it is chilled and the cream separates from the water. Then all you do the next day is beat it with a hand mixer with some vanilla and honey/agave and your set. I actually like it better than regular whipped cream for the slight coconut taste!
Top this with some shaved chocolate or fresh fruit and call it a night!
So, this Mousse is what I’m bringing to Christina’s Shower be sure to check out the other incredible recipes! (and believe me, they ARE incredible)Print
Peanut Butter Chocolate Mousse:
- 8 oz. of bittersweet chocolate (I used 60% cacoa)
- 3/4 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of PB2 (peanut butter powder)
- 4 tablespoons of agave nectar
- Coconut Whipped Cream:
- 1 can of whole coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
For Coconut Whipped Cream:
- Place can of coconut milk in refrigerator overnight.
- The next day gently remove can from refrigerator so as not to mix the cream and milk.
- Gently scoop the cream portion out of the can and place in a cooled glass bowl.
- Add agave nectar and vanilla extract to coconut milk. Using a hand mixer, beat the milk on high until it has soft peaks. About 2-3 minutes.
- Place back in refrigerator.
For Peanut Butter Chocolate Mousse:
- Place a large mixing bowl on top of another small mixing bowl filled with ice water. (make sure that the bottom of the large bowl is touching the ice water)
- Put chocolate, water, agave nectar, and PB2 in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Stir continually until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Pour chocolate mixture into the large mixing bowl over bowl filled with ice water. Using a hand mixer, beat on high until chocolate mixture becomes thick. About 5-7 minutes.
- Pour the chocolate mousse into serving dishes (either 2 large ramekins or 4 small ramekins), place in refrigerator for 2 hours)
- Serve Peanut Butter Chocolate Mousse with Coconut Whipped Cream!
Coconut Whipped Cream Recipe from Tasty Yummies
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT#JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!
Fizzy Grapefruit Margaritas from Well Plated
Earl Grey Cake with Vanilla Bean Buttercream from Country Cleaver
Mini Bourbon and Bacon Tater Tot Casseroles from Climbing Grier Mountain
Maple-Chia Overnight Oatmeal from Feed Me Phoebe
Lemon Cake for Two from Keep It Sweet Desserts
Mini Raspberry Pavlovas from The Baker Chick
Almond Berry Cake Parfaits for Two from Edible Perspective
Peanut Butter Bourbon Blondies from The Frosted Vegan
Mixed Berry Mascarpone Scones from Bluebonnet Baker
Greek Yogurt Funfetti Cupcakes for Two from The Housewife in Training Files
Bourbon Barbeque Sliders with Bleu Cheese from Saucy Pear
Steak Fajita Tacos for Two from The Sweetphi Blog
Mango Madeleines from Stetted
Citrus Salad with Mint, Honey, and Lime from Rachel Cooks
Parfaits for Two from Order in the Kitchen
Peanut Butter Chocolate Mousse with Coconut Whipped Cream from Joyful Healthy Eats
French Breakfast Puffs from Stephie Cooks
Blueberry Vanilla Cream Hand Pies from Eats Well With Others
Banana Pudding Cheesecake from The Domestic Rebel