This easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Mousse recipe is made with just 4 ingredients, then topped with homemade coconut whipped cream.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Mousse:
- 8 oz. bittersweet chocolate (I used 60% cacoa)
- 3/4 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of PB2 (peanut butter powder)
- 4 tablespoons of agave nectar
Coconut Whipped Cream:
- 1 can of whole coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
For Coconut Whipped Cream:
- Place can of coconut milk in refrigerator overnight.
- The next day gently remove can from refrigerator so as not to mix the cream and milk.
- Gently scoop the cream portion out of the can and place in a cooled glass bowl.
- Add agave nectar and vanilla extract to coconut milk. Using a hand mixer, beat the milk on high until it has soft peaks. About 2-3 minutes.
- Place back in refrigerator.
For Peanut Butter Chocolate Mousse:
- Place a large mixing bowl on top of another small mixing bowl filled with ice water. (make sure that the bottom of the large bowl is touching the ice water)
- Put chocolate, water, agave nectar, and PB2 in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Stir continually until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Pour chocolate mixture into the large mixing bowl over bowl filled with ice water. Using a hand mixer, beat on high until chocolate mixture becomes thick. About 5-7 minutes.
- Pour the chocolate mousse into serving dishes (either 2 large ramekins or 4 small ramekins), place in refrigerator for 2 hours)
- Serve Peanut Butter Chocolate Mousse with Coconut Whipped Cream!
Coconut Whipped Cream Recipe from Tasty Yummies
Keywords: peanut butter mousse, chocolate mousse