Asian Chicken Mason Jar Salad a delicious, easy recipe that’s the perfect lunch for the week – done in 30 minutes!
Mason Jar Salad recipes are a delicious, easy, and perfect lunch for the week! This ASIAN CHICKEN MASON JAR SALAD is loaded with veggies, napa cabbage, rotisserie chicken and topped with a Sesame Dressing – done in 30 minutes!
A couple weeks ago Mike and I went to Florida for a super quick trip, as in we were there for like 48 hours. You may have seen some of the trip if you followed me on Instagram Stories. 🙂
On our first night there, we went to a restaurant called The Big Fin. A Seafood Restaurant that has been granted many culinary awards. Funny enough my favorite part of the meal was actually the side salad I ordered that was topped with a Ginger Sesame Vinaigrette!
I was absolutely OBSESSED with this dressing! I devoured my plate! The dressing was light, sweet, salty, and had a nice “spice” to it from the fresh ginger. The next night we went to a place called the Yard House.
Because I was still hung up on that dressing from the night before, I ordered another side salad with an Asian Sesame Dressing. And yet again it hit the spot. So needless to say, I NEEDED to replicate this dressing at home.
Well my friends, I think I nailed it with this salad! I started with the dressing and kept tasting along the way until I nailed the flavor I was going for.
Want to know the final ingredient that took this Vinaigrette over the top?
Sriracha! It added just the right amount of heat to tickle your throat and leave you wanting more!
After I made the dressing I decided on finally trying my hand at making a Mason Jar Salad! I wasn’t sure how it would go considering all the other meals and overnight oats I’ve tried in Mason Jars have been flops. But I put my big girl panties on and tried it anyways.
Ya’ll. I don’t know why I haven’t done this more often.
Mason Jar Salads rock! You make them once and get to enjoy them all week and all you have to do is pour it out and your good to go! It’s amazing!
This ASIAN CHICKEN MASON JAR SALAD is put together in a very particular way to make it last all week.
First you put the dressing or vinaigrette down, then veggies that are not going to soak up the dressing, next come the soft veggies, then the lettuce or foliage, the chicken and nuts go in last. It’s better to add them in the day that your going to eat the salad but I had this salad 4 days after I made it and it was still good. The nuts just weren’t as crunchy.
While the order of the salad IS important, whats more important is that you make the salad!
As in, go to the store right now because this salad is incredible and you’d be missing out on deliciousness if you didn’t make it! So just trust me. Do it! Then lick the jar and your plate when your done!
Bon Appetit friends!
- 1⅓ cup snap peas, halved
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1⅓ cups cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 cups of thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 2 cups baby spinach, sliced
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup whole unsalted cashews
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2½ tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons diced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 4 large mason jars (64 oz.)
- In a medium bowl add soy sauce, rice vinegar, toasted sesame oil, canola oil, sriracha sauce, minced ginger, minced garlic, cilantro, honey, and sesame seeds. Using a whisk mix together until oil and vinegar are combined.
- In a large bowl add napa cabbage and spinach together. Toss to combine.
- Assemble Mason Jar Salads in this order: 3 tablespoons of dressing, ⅓ cup of snap peas, ¼ cup grated carrots, ⅓ cup cucumbers, 1 cup of cabbage/spinach mixture, ½ cup rotisserie chicken, ¼ cup cashews, and a sprinkle of green onions. Serve or cover and serve later.
- NOTE: salads will last up to 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!