A Quick Easy Dinner for two, Avocado Caprese Chicken Salad topped with a light Balsamic Vinaigrette. The perfect Salad recipe for summer that only takes 15 minutes!
Ok, so my mind is officially all over the place!
Cason has his pirate birthday party tomorrow and I’m trying to make sure I have everything done or at least purchased!
I consider myself a planner and fairly organized person but when there’s a party, especially a kids party, there are so many little details that need to get done and thats when I start to stress!
I start thinking I’m missing something or need to plan it out better so that things go more efficiently.
Party flavors, pirate kids games, pirate birthday cake (of course I’m going to try and make a fancy one with fondant, which I have never used before – why not pile on some more, I’m a glutton for punishment), festive party signs, pirate decor, the list goes on and on.
I want it to be fun for the kids and the parents!
But there are A-LOT of details!
Luckily, I have reinforcements for the pirate craziness while I’m putting this party together. My mom flies in tonight and my mother in law lives just around the corner so help isn’t too far away! Thank goodness!
I can’t wait to see how everything comes together and then to show ya’ll the pictures!
So, as you can clearly see I need to get back to my “to do list” but I wanted to leave you with a delicious easy healthy recipe for the weekend!
Since bikini season is right around the corner, salads seem to become the meal of choice. This Avocado Caprese Chicken Salad may be my new favorite though. The best part about this salad is it takes only 15 minutes to make, and most of that is the chicken cook time! This Salad is topped with all your favorite Caprese flavors – tomato, fresh basil, and mozzarella. Then I add some chicken for protein and avocado – because avocodo (like bacon) just makes everything better! (to easily clean lettuce I always use my salad spinner, takes seconds and it’s easy clean up)
I hope you enjoy this salad as much as we did! Peace out peeps, hope you have a great weekend!
** This post contains affiliate links. **
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- salt & pepper to season chicken
- ½ cup of halved fresh mozzarella balls
- 1 avocado, diced
- 6 oz. of fresh spring mix salad (about 3-4 cups)
- ½ cup of halved cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup of fresh diced basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon of dry basil
- 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- ¼ cup of balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup of olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, mix garlic, dry basil, dijon mustard, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Slowly add in olive oil, whisking the entire time until there is no more oil & vinegar separation. Set aside.
- Heat grill to medium high heat. add seasoned chicken breast to grill and cook for 5-6 minutes per side until there is no more pink.
- In three small salad bowls, divide the spring mix, avocado, cherry tomatoes, fresh basil, fresh mozzarella balls, and sliced grilled chicken.
- Serve with balsamic vinaigrette
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT#JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!