Avocado Caprese Chicken Salad topped with a light Balsamic Vinaigrette. The perfect healthy chicken salad recipe for summer that only takes 15 minutes!
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- salt & pepper to season chicken
- 1/2 cup of halved fresh mozzarella balls
- 1 avocado, diced
- 6 oz. of fresh spring mix salad (about 3-4 cups)
- 1/2 cup of halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of fresh diced basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon of dry basil
- 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, mix garlic, dry basil, dijon mustard, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Slowly add in olive oil, whisking the entire time until there is no more oil & vinegar separation. Set aside.
- Heat grill to medium high heat. add seasoned chicken breast to grill and cook for 5-6 minutes per side until there is no more pink.
- In three small salad bowls, divide the spring mix, avocado, cherry tomatoes, fresh basil, fresh mozzarella balls, and sliced grilled chicken.
- Serve with balsamic vinaigrette
- Serving Size: 1 salad
- Calories: 498
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 310 mg
- Fat: 40 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 26 g
- Cholesterol: 65 mg
Keywords: healthy chicken salad recipe, chicken salad recipes, avocado salad, healthy dinner, healthy lunch idea