15 Minute Avocado Caprese Chicken Salad drizzled with a light Balsamic Vinaigrette. This quick easy dinner recipe is a fan favorite! Seared chicken, fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and creamy avocados topped with shredded basil.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- salt & pepper to season chicken
- 1/2 cup of halved fresh mozzarella balls
- 1 avocado, diced
- 6 cups of fresh spring mix salad
- 1/2 cup of halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of fresh diced basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon of dry basil
- 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, mix garlic, dry basil, dijon mustard, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Slowly add in olive oil, whisking the entire time until there is no more oil & vinegar separation. Set aside.
- Heat grill to medium high heat. add seasoned chicken breast to grill and cook for 5-6 minutes per side until there is no more pink.
- In a large bowl add spring mix, avocado, cherry tomatoes, fresh basil, fresh mozzarella balls, and sliced grilled chicken.
- Serve with balsamic vinaigrette
- Serving Size: 1 salad
- Calories: 352
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 221 mg
- Fat: 28 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 21 g
- Cholesterol: 64 mg
Keywords: healthy chicken salad recipe, chicken salad recipes, avocado salad, healthy dinner, healthy lunch idea, caprese salad