Skinny Bruschetta Zucchini Chips a low calorie, meat free, and dairy free, option for game day but still packs a punch of flavor from a few secret ingredients! This is a must try for sure!
Ok, so I may have done this a little backwards but just go with it. Monday, I posted an all beef recipe – Bacon Wrapped Tenderloin Bites to be exact, and today I am going meat free AND dairy free.
You’d think I would have posted a meatless meal on Monday for Meatless Monday but… you know … whatever! We are still all about the football food today’s and the recipe is killer! Today it’s a riff off one of my favorite appetizers – Bruschetta.
I am obsessed with the stuff. In fact there are some nights Mike and I will put our little guy down for bed and I’ll whip up a quick bruschetta that we’ll eat for dinner with a glass of wine. Pure perfection.
I love that Bruschetta is light and fresh but the one thing that “weights” this dish down a little bit is the bread. Carb city man!
As a way to lighten this dish up I’ve partnered with Silk to make these Crispy Zucchini Chips to replace the bread and then topped them with fresh Bruschetta. Ya’ll these are WAY better than the original. I am officially hooked! HOLY MOLY!
The zucchini is thinly sliced, coated with flour, then dipped in Silk Unsweetened Cashew Milk and tossed in a bowl of panko for some crunch. Then they are slightly browned in a skillet with grape seed oil and topped with fresh tomato Bruschetta!
I seriously could not stop popping these in my mouth. Even while I was taking photos of them I was literally taking a bite and dancing around the room with pure joy from the delicious flavor! Mike was laughing at me and Cason was wondering why mommy was dancing! 🙂
If you’re looking for a way to sideline meat at your next game day party, these Skinny Bruschetta Zucchini Chips is it! Easy, full of flavor, dairy free, meat free and all around delicious!
I seriously cannot wait for you guys to try these! Yeah for game day food and double yeah for healthier game day food! Bon Appetite my friends!
If you want more recipes that sideline meat this football season head on over to Silk! They have some killer recipes, including a Sweet Potato Avocado Recipe that I want to devour!Print
- 2 large zucchini, cut into 1/2” slices
- 1 1/4 cup panko
- 1 cup Silk unsweetened cashew milk
- 1/3 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dry basil
- 1/3 cup grape seed oil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, finely diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt to season
- Add white whole wheat flour to a large ziplock bag with zucchini slices. Toss to coat.
- Add Silk Cashew milk to medium bowl, set aside. Add panko, dry basil, and garlic powder together. Set aside.
- Heat large skillet to medium high heat.
- Add coasted zucchini to milk and then to panko mixture. Be sure to coat and press down on both sides so mixture stays on.
- Add 1/3 cup of grape seed oil to pan, add in coated zucchini chips. Saute for 4-5 minutes per side so it is slightly browned. Remove and place on paper towel coated plate.
- Add in the rest of the grape seed oil and the rest of the zucchini chips. Cook for the same amount of time. Remove and place on plate when finished cooking.
- In a large bowl add, diced cherry tomatoes, fresh basil, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic cloves, and salt to taste. Toss to mix everything.
- Serve Zucchini Chips with fresh Bruschetta on top.
- Serving Size: 3
- Calories: 132
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 82 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 2 g
I partnered with Silk to create this recipe, I was compensated for my time but all opinions are 100% mine. Thank you for letting me work with brands that I love!
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!
Want More Bruschetta Recipes?
DON’T MISS A RECIPE ->
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.