I’ve got a really fun cocktail for you today! This Scooby Snack Shot is another super easy, colorful, and extremely flavorful cocktail. You only need four ingredients to make this tropical-twisted shot.
A Fun Little Shot with Lots of Tropical Yumminess
It’s always fun to add a great cocktail to any gathering. It’s even more fun when they are bright green and incredibly tasty like these Scooby Snack Shots! You’re going to love them.
The lemon lime green hue comes from using melon liquor. And then the melon liquor is shaken with coconut rum and pineapple juice. Plus, there’s a secret ingredient in there that makes the drink a little sweet and smooth. Any guesses?!
Your friends will love when you tell them that you’ve mixed in a little bit of coconut whipped cream into the shot. It adds the perfect amount of sweetness and makes the shot a little milky. It really makes the shot something special and you’ll want to make it over and over again.
Why Is the Scooby Snack Shot Called That?
The next thing your friends will ask you is, “Why is this called a Scooby Snack Shot?!”. Believe me, I was wondering the same thing. I love that this shot was named after a classic cartoon!
You remember Scooby Doo, right? The goofy crime-solving dog that rode around in the bright and bouncy bus with his human friends? The show was colorful, vibrant, and so fun! Just like this shot.
Now, notice the color of the shot. It’s a bright lime green that looks just like the color of Shaggy’s shirt and many other parts of the cartoon. It’s pretty unmistakable. You can see why someone may look at this shot and immediately think of the colorful cartoon with it’s bright neon color.
The Ingredients You’ll Need
Here are the four simple ingredients you need to make the tastiest Scooby Snack Shot. Be sure to check out the recipe for exact measurements.
- Coconut Rum: I used Rum Haven (it’s made with coconut water) but you can also use a more common brand like Malibu.
- Pineapple Juice: I love keeping these little cans on hand for cocktails and mocktails!
- Melon Liquor: Midori is a great brand to use. Keep in mind, the hue of the cocktail may be different depending on which liquor you use.
- Coconut Whipped Cream: This is a great non-dairy option that adds a little more coconut flavor to the shot. Of course, you can use regular whipped cream, too.
Let’s Make a Scooby Snack Shot!
You’ll be drinking these shots in no time. Here are the few simple steps you need to follow to make this recipe.
Use a cocktail shaker to mix the ingredients together. Make sure that you add a few ice cubes to the shaker so that the shot gets nice and cold.
Pour into a shot glass and garnish. Add a little extra whipped cream, if you’d like. Or even garnish with fresh fruit like a pineapple wedge.
Tips and Variations
Here are a few helpful tips to follow when make these Scooby shots.
- It’s best served very cold. Don’t forget to add the ice cubes to the shaker when mixing everything up. And then make sure that you serve it right away.
- Other creams work well, too. You can also use heavy cream or coconut milk if you do not have any whipped cream on hand.
- Add a bit more flavor with banana. You could also add a splash of Creme de Banana for even more tropical flavor.
This Scooby Snack Shot is like a taste of the tropics – it’s fruity, a little creamy, and neon green. It’s so easy to make and is definitely a conversation starter!
- 4 oz. coconut rum
- 4 oz. pineapple juice
- 1 oz. melon liquor
- coconut whipped cream
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker with 3-4 cubes of ice. Shake until cocktail shaker is frosted on the outside.
- Pour into individual shot glasses, topped with coconut whipped cream.
- Serving Size: 1 shot
- Calories: 109
- Sugar: 11 g
- Sodium: 53 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: Scooby doo shots, drink scooby snack, scooby snack drink