A perfect vegetarian side dish for the fall, Roasted Acorn Squash topped with a fresh Arugula Salad that’s mixed with dried cherries and goat cheese balls coated with salty pistachios. Your family will swoon over the flavors in this dish!
Does anyone else have FOMO Syndrome?
What is it you ask? Well, FOMO stands for Fear Of Missing Out.
Now, let me ask you again. Does anyone else have FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) Syndrome?
I don’t think it’s a real scientific disease but I heard it one time and I was like yes!!! I definitely do. I don’t want to miss a thing. I want to have fun like everybody else. I don’t want to hear about the fun later, I want to experience it first hand.
I have a love hate relationship with Instagram because at times it “fuels” my FOMO Syndrome. Like this past week, I went onto Instagram expecting just to give my friends “hearts” on all their yummy food pics but instead I saw all these different trips happening and it looked like a blast…
UGh… I want to be there … (FOMO Syndrome).
And there is probably a little “pride” mixed in with the FOMO Syndrome. I want to be able to say .. “yes I was there and it was so fun.”
In all reality, maybe I could have been at one of those trips but you know what I’m glad I wasn’t. I have really tried to protect time with my family because I know my natural inkling is to go do any and every event out there. Of all the things I don’t want to miss out on, it’s definitely quality family time! This weekend we took a quick trip to Sea World with family and it was seriously so much fun!
We saw Shamu (got soaked in the splash zone), played fun carnival games (Cason won 3 stuffed animals), went on Cason’s first water ride AND his first roller coaster, watched the sea loin show, saw penguins, and had a blast making lots of memories with family! Those are the things I definitely don’t want to miss out on!
Now, something you don’t want to miss out on is this Roasted Acorn Squash! Holy Hannah is this good! The acorn squash is topped with a fresh Arugula Salad mixed with dried cherries, creamy goat cheese balls coated with salty pistachios, and finished with a light vinaigrette.
The acorn squash turns slightly sweet when roasted and gets so tender. This dish has every type of flavor you are wanting, sweet, salty, tart, spicy, and creamy. Seriously one irresistible dish and absolutely perfect for the fall. It will be on our table for sure this thanksgiving and I hope it makes it’s appearance on yours this fall too!
Bon Appetite my friends!Print
- 2 acorn squash, halved (seeds removed) sliced into 1″ half moons
- Cooking Spray
- 2 1/2 cups arugula
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 2 oz. goat cheese, rolled into small pea size balls
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place acorn squash on a baking sheet. Spray the tops of the acorn squash with cooking spray. Lightly season with salt.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until squash is tender. (turning halfway through cooking process)
- In the meantime, roll pea size goat cheese goat cheese balls into chopped pistachios. Place on plate and put in refrigerator until ready to use.
- To make the dressing: in a small bowl, add white balsamic, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper to taste. Whisk to combine.
- In a medium bowl add arugula, dried cherries, goat cheese balls, dressing. Lightly toss to coat.
- Gently lay acorn squash on a platter and top with arugula salad. Serve!
Do not eat the skin of the squash, be sure to peel it off before eating.
- Serving Size: 3 slices of squash + salad
- Calories: 191
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 94 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 28 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 9 mg
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!