This roasted acorn squash is topped with a fresh arugula salad with dried cherries and creamy goat cheese coated with salty pistachios.
- 2 acorn squash, halved (seeds removed) sliced into 1″ half moons
- Cooking Spray
- 2 1/2 cups arugula
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 2 oz. goat cheese, rolled into small pea size balls
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place acorn squash on a baking sheet. Spray the tops of the acorn squash with cooking spray. Lightly season with salt.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until squash is tender. (turning halfway through cooking process)
- In the meantime, roll pea size goat cheese goat cheese balls into chopped pistachios. Place on plate and put in refrigerator until ready to use.
- To make the dressing: in a small bowl, add white balsamic, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper to taste. Whisk to combine.
- In a medium bowl add arugula, dried cherries, goat cheese balls, dressing. Lightly toss to coat.
- Gently lay acorn squash on a platter and top with arugula salad. Serve!
Do not eat the skin of the squash, be sure to peel it off before eating.
- Serving Size: 3 slices of squash + salad
- Calories: 191
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 94 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 28 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 9 mg
Keywords: roasted acorn squash, arugula salad, fall salad