Mushroom Spinach Omelette Recipe – the perfect protein packed breakfast that totally delivers on flavor. Filled with nutritious vegetables, creamy goat cheese, and egg whites for an easy healthy breakfast!
Do those words ever run through your mind? They definitely run through my mind.
What if the past repeats itself? What if my son gets cancer? What if he doesn’t make any friends when he gets to school? What if my marriage goes through a rocky season and we can’t recover? What if I’m in the wrong profession? What if my business goes bankrupt? What if something happens to my dad while he’s in the line of duty?
The list goes on and on … There are so many things we could fear happening. And we could even start to put walls up and live our lives in such a way so that just in case that worst case scenario “what if” happens are are shielded… or at least we think we are.
One of the things I’ve learned and am still learning is if we live our lives fearing the ‘what if’ we become immobilized and ineffective at the other things we are called to. Which is exactly what Satan wants! For us to be so consumed by fear that we become ineffective and are no longer a threat!
Guys! Fight back! You have control of the thoughts in your mind! Do not sit like you’ve been defeated or have a victim mentality. Rise up and take control of your thought life.
Instead of thinking the worst case “what if’s” think the best case “what if’s.”
What if my husbands company takes off and we can leave for a month to serve overseas? What if our son becomes a NBA player? What if we find the community we have been longing for? What if my son makes friends that he will have the rest of his life? What if my blog reaches 1 million people and touches their hearts not just their stomach!
Things that are life giving and bring joy, not things that cut us off at the knees and immobilize us. Make sense? As I say this I’m speaking to myself as well.
Let’s make a deal okay. Every time a thought of fear comes into your mind, reject it, and replace it with the opposite.
Now, let’s make another deal, that you will make this Mushroom Spinach Omelette Recipe!
One of my favorite things to do on Sundays after church is go out for brunch with my family. We use to have this spot that we would go to all the time, but everyone else in Houston found this spot too so it’s way to crowded to go anymore. (especially with a 3 year old) Because I’m a creature of habit I use to get the same thing every time we would go to this place. A Mushroom Spinach Omelette that was stuffed with cream cheese. De-lish!
Well, today you get to indulge on my favorite breakfast recipe that has been healthified. 🙂 This recipe uses one whole egg and two egg whites to cut down on the calories, fat and cholesterol. Then filled with nutritious sautéed spinach, hearty mushrooms, and creamy goat cheese to take this omelette over the top!
This Mushroom Spinach Omelette takes about 15 minutes to make and rings at at 412 calories with 25 grams of protein. It’s the perfect hearty way to start off the morning!
In order to cut down on prep time make the mushroom and spinach filling the day before!
I can’t wait to hear what you think of this omelette because it has been my favorite for so long. Bon Appetit my friends and happy weekend!
- Serves: 1 omelet
- Serving size: 1 omelet
- Calories: 412
- Fat: 29 g
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 332 mg
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 25 g
- Cholesterol: 199 mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup slice red onion
- 1½ cup fresh spinach
- 5 baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 oz goat cheese
- Cooking Spray
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg whites
- green onions, diced (for optional garnish)
- Heat a medium skillet to medium high heat. Add olive oil and red onions to the pan. Saute for 2-3 minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the pan, saute until the mushrooms are slightly browned. Approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Next add spinach to the pan. Saute until the spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a small skillet to medium heat. Spray with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, add one whole egg and two egg whites. Whisk to mix.
- Add the egg mixture to the small skillet. Let the mixture sit for one minute. Gently take a spatula and work your way around the edges of the skillet. Then lift the skillet and tilt it down and around in a circular fashion so as to get the "runny" eggs in the center to cook along the edges you just cleaned. Continue this process for another minute.
- Add the mushroom spinach mixture to one side of the omelete top with crumbled goat cheese. Using your spatula, gently fold the other side of the omelet over the mushroom spinach side. Let cook for 30 seconds and gently transfer omelet to a plate. Top with green onions
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!