Gluten Free Pasta with pan seared Chicken and Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Sauce, made in 30 minutes and perfectly comforting!
Gluten Free Pasta served with pan seared Chicken and a Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Sauce – made in 30 minutes! This gluten free pasta recipe is easy, comforting and guaranteed to be a family favorite!!
It is pretty funny being pregnant again. I had forgotten how many times people look right at your stomach instead of your face. Eyes up people!!
I’m 21 weeks today. Looking at me from behind you probably can’t tell that I’m pregnant, but from the side and front you can, or least I think you can. Although I think some people are thinking … “Is she pregnant? Or did she just eat a really big lunch?”
I actually saw this girl at the gym wear a shirt that said. “No, it’s NOT a food baby” and I just started cracking up. I can relate! I’m in that awkward in between phase. Is it a baby or a food baby? Although I’m sure most people can tell I’m pregnant, or least I hope they can because my belly button has popped out like a button on a turkey timer. I normally have an “innie” belly button but every time I’m pregnant it pops out first, most of the time before I even start showing. It’s so funny!
Any who, just something funny I noticed that I wanted to share. Can anyone else relate?
Ok, moving on to the recipe for today. It’s no secret that Roasted Red Peppers are a favorite of mine. Well, really anything roasted is a favorite. 🙂 I love roasting, I think it brings out a richer flavor of the ingredient or in this case the sweetness of the red pepper. It’s divine!
Normally I roast them myself, but for this recipe I took a short cut and bought roasted red peppers in a jar. I made the base for my sauce, added some broth, and roasted red peppers then pureed it all with a little cream cheese. Y’all this sauce is so creamy and luscious I know you’re gonna love it!
Once the sauce is done, add it to some al dente gluten free pasta. Toss it together to make sure all the noodles have a little sauce love. Then top it with pan seared chicken and fresh basil leaves. It’s absolutely divine. There is a sweet salty symphony going on between the sauce and the chicken. This Gluten Free Pasta with Chicken and Roasted Red Pepper Sauce is absolutely perfect for the fall. It screams comfort food! But in the best way possible.
Bon Appetit friends!
- Serves: 4-6
- Serving size: 1½ cups
- Calories: 369
- Fat: 16 g
- Saturated fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 37 g
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 835 mg
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 19 g
- Cholesterol: 59 mg
- 1 lb. gluten free pasta
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- 1 lb. skinless boneless chicken breast
- salt & pepper to season
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 12 oz. jars of roasted red peppers (about 4 whole red peppers)
- ¾ cup vegetable broth
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon dry parsley
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper
- ⅓ cup fresh basil, chiffoned
- Generously season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of grape seed oil to the pan and then add chicken. Cook chicken on both sides for 5-7 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from pan and let sit. Slice before ready to serve.
- In the meantime, heat another medium skillet to medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of grape seed oil. Then add in diced onions. Saute until onions are translucent. About 2-3 minutes. Add in the garlic, saute until garlic is fragrant. (about 30 seconds)
- Next add roasted red pepper to the pan. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth to the pan, bring to a simmer.
- Pour entire mixture into a food processor along with cream cheese. Blend until smooth and pour back in sauce pan. Add oregano, parley, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Stir and let sauce sit on low.
- In the meantime, fill a large pot with water. Bring to a boil. Add gluten free pasta to the water. Cook until al dente. About 8-10 minutes, according to package instructions.
- Drain water. Add noodles to a large bowl. Pour roasted red pepper sauce over noodles. Gently toss to coat all the noodles with the sauce.
- Top with sliced chicken and fresh basil.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, BE SURE TO SNAP A PIC AND HASHTAG IT #JOYFULHEALTHYEATS. I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!
Want More Gluten Free Recipes?