A heart healthy Southwestern Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Salad packed with protein and flavor then topped with a poached egg and fresh avocado!
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of cracked pepper
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 ears of corn, sliced off the cob
- 1/2 red onion, diced (about 1 1/2 – 2 cups)
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced (seeds removed)
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice
- 4 eggs, poached
- 2 avocado, sliced
- fresh cilantro (garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Spray baking sheet with PAM.
- Place squash, zucchini, red pepper, red onion, tomatoes, corn, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Toss to coat. Place vegetables on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Place quinoa and water in a medium saucepan, bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for another 15-20 until the water is gone.
- Fluff quinoa with a fork, add roasted vegetables, paprika, lime juice
- Poach four eggs (click here for step by step instructions on how to poach)
- Serve egg on top of quinoa with avocado slices and fresh cilantro.
Keywords: quinoa salad, quinoa salad recipe, vegetarian salad, vegetarian salad recipe, vegetarian dinner, vegetarian dinner recipe, easy vegetarian dinner recipe, vegetarian breakfast recipe, vegetarian breakfast