These easy Slow Cooker Barbacoa Short Rib Tacos are cooked to perfection in the crockpot for tender, melt-in-your-mouth meat! Each taco is filled with juicy balsamic flavor and topped with fresh cilantro, onion and avocado for the ultimate bite every time.
- 2 tablespoon of course sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon of dried sage
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
Short Rib Tacos:
- 2–3 lbs. of beef short ribs, boneless
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 15 oz. can of tomato sauce
- ½ cup of balsamic vinegar
- 5 whole dried apricots
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 20 jicama tacos
- 2 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- In a small bowl, add course sea salt, dried rosemary, dried sage, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, black pepper, and ancho chili powder. Stir to mix.
- Pat the short ribs dry with a paper towel.
- Generously rub the spice mixture onto both sides of the short ribs.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan. Add the short ribs to the pan, sear each side for 2-3 minutes until they have slight browning.
- Add the seared short ribs directly to the Crock Pot.
- Next add tomato sauce, balsamic vinegar, dried apricots, garlic cloves, and red onion to the Crock Pot.
- Cover and let cook on HIGH for 4-5 hours. (or on low for 6-8 hours)
- Remove short ribs from the crock pot and shred the ribs using two forks. Place the meat back into the Crock Pot with the sauce. Stir the meat around.
- Serve short ribs on a jicama taco and top with fresh avocado, cilantro, red onion slices, and a wedge of lime.
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup of meat
- Calories: 168
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 52 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 49 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 10 g
- Cholesterol: 43 mg
Keywords: slow cooker barbacoa, short rib tacos, slow cooker beef barbacoa, paleo beef recipes, barbacoa in slow cooker, crockpot barbacoa recipe, short rib tacos slow cooker, slow cooker keto recipes, crockpot keto recipes