Healthy Paleo Chipotle Turkey Burgers filled with tex-mex flavor then topped with zesty guacamole and pickled onions. These Turkey Burgers are low carb, high in protein, done in 30 minutes and guaranteed to be a favorite!
- 1.5lbs. ground lean turkey
- 1/3 cup fresh diced cilantro
- 1/2 tablespoon diced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- salt to season
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- 1 beef steak tomato, sliced
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce, sliced into wedges
- 3 avocado, mashed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Homemade Pickled Onions
- Make Pickled Onions.
- To a large bowl add ground turkey, fresh cilantro, chipotle peppers, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper. Using your hands mix to combine everything together.
- Then form into 4 equal patties (should be about 1/3lb. per patty). Set aside.
- In a small bowl add avocado, lime juice, and sea salt. Using a fork or a potato masher, mash the avocado and stir other ingredients together. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat.
- Add grape seed oil to the pan. Next add in the chipotle turkey patties. Cook each skillet for 5-6 minutes, you should have a night sear on both sides.
- Remove from pan.
- Assemble the burgers: place a lettuce wedge on the bottom, top with tomato slice, turkey burger, 1-2 tablespoons of guacamole and top with pickled onions.
- Serving Size: 1 burger
- Calories: 341
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 589 mg
- Fat: 21 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 29 g
- Cholesterol: 105 mg
Keywords: how to make turkey burger, turkey burger seasoning, homemade turkey burgers