One Pan Southwestern Chicken and Rice is an easy, healthy dinner recipe that’s made in one pan for easy cleanup. It’s the perfect family dinner that’s bursting with flavor!
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinlesss chicken cutlets
- 1 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups diced sweet onion
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 poblano pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice & wild rice blend
- 14 oz. can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 3 1/4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 14 oz. can sweet corn (no salt or sugar added), drained
- 1/3 cup shredded mexican cheese
- garnish: fresh cilantro, diced green onions, lime wedges and sliced avocados
- In a small bowl, add cumin, smoked paprika, ancho chili powder, salt, and ground pepper. Stir.
- Pat chicken cutlets dry with a paper towel. Season both sides of the chicken with spice blend.
- Heat Lagostina Casserole Dish to medium high heat.
- Add grapeseed oil to pan and then the chicken. Cook each side of the chicken for 4-5 minutes. Remove chicken from the pan and place on a plate.
- Immediately add sweet onion, red pepper, and poblano pepper to the pan. Saute until onions are translucent. Approximately 2-3 minutes. Season with salt.
- Add garlic cloves and brown rice & wild rice blend to the pan. Saute for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Next add in the fire roasted tomatoes and chicken broth. Stir all the ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce the heat to simmer. Simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the liquid is evaporated.
- Add the corn to the pan while rice is cooked. Stir to combine everything. Place chicken on top of the rice blend. Sprinkle with mexican cheese.
- Cover to melt the cheese, about 2 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro, green onions, lime wedges, and sliced avocado
- Serving Size: 1/2 chicken + 1 cup rice blend
- Calories: 433
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 1083 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 57 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 27 g
- Cholesterol: 47 mg
Keywords: southwestern chicken, one pan chicken recipe, one pan chicken, one pan dinner, chicken and rice, chicken and rice recipe, easy chicken and rice recipe, easy chicken and rice, healthy chicken and rice recipe