An easy grilled fajita steak salad that’s loaded with tender steak, veggies, avocado and a quick chimichurri dressing done in 30 minutes.
- 1 lb. flank steak or skirt steak
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1 green pepper, julienned
- 4 cups of spring mix
- 1/2 cup pickled red onion
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat grill to medium high heat, about 350-375 degrees F..
- Season both sides of the flank steak with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In medium bowl add julienned peppers, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper to season. Toss to coat the peppers.
- To grill the peppers. Place them on either a grill basket or put a cast iron skillet right on the grill. Saute for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they are charred. Remove from grill and let rest.
- Place seasoned flank steak on the grill. Sear each side for 4-5 mintues. Remove from grill and let rest for 5 minutes to the juices redistribute then slice the steak.
- For the dressing: add garlic clove, fresh cilantro, red wine vinegar, lime juice, 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to a small food processor or blender. Blend until the cilantro is finely chopped. Then add olive oil to the food processor and blend until the dressing combines.
- To assemble the salad add spring mix to a large bowl (or four individual bowls), top with sliced steak, grilled peppers, pickled onions, cherry tomatoes and sliced avocado. Serve with chimichurri dressing on the side.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cup salad + dressing
- Calories: 438
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 435 mg
- Fat: 32 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 27 g
- Cholesterol: 75 mg
Keywords: steak salad, fajita steak, grilled steak, fajita salad, healthy salad recipe, steak fajita, easy salad recipe, summer recipes, grilled steak salad, chimichurri dressing, healthy mexican recipes,