FISH TACO RICE BOWLS with avocado & pickled onions, topped with a Cilantro Lime Dressing! The perfect 30 minute meal to satisfy even the pickiest of eaters!
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 1.25lbs. mahi mahi, skin removed
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 avocados, mash
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cups purple cabbage, sliced
- 1 cup of sliced jicama
- 1 cup diced roma tomatoes
- Picked Onions
Cilantro Lime Dressing:
- 1 tablespoon red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- pinch of ground cumin
- Add water and rice to a microwave safe bowl and cover. Cook in microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes. Let sit to cool and then fluff with a fork.
- In a small bowl, add chipotle chili powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper. Stir to mix.
- Pat the fish dry and rub spice blend on both sides of the fish.
- Heat large skillet to medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of canola oil to the pan, then gently place prepared fish in pan. Sear on both sides for 4-5 minutes. Remove from pan and let rest.
- To a food processor add red onion, garlic clove, fresh cilantro, 1/4 cup of canola oil, lime juice, red wine vinegar, honey, dijon mustard, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and cumin. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, add mashed avocado and 2 tablespoons of lime juice. Season with salt to taste. Stir everything together.
- Assemble the bowls: add 1/2 cup of rice, one filet of fish, a generous scoop of avocado mash, 1/2 cup purple cabbage, 1/4 cup of sliced jicama, 1/4 cup of diced tomato. Drizzle with dressing mixture and serve!
- Serving Size: 1 fish taco bowl
- Calories: 558
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 601 mg
- Fat: 26 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 41 g
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 39 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: fish taco recipe, mahi mahi fish recipe