An Epic Steak Flatbread Pizza topped with Gorgonzola Sauce, fresh arugula then piled high with filet mignon and pickled onions. This easy gluten free pizza recipe is must make, it’s perfect as a main dish or an appetizer.
Grain Free Flatbread:
- 1/4 cup ghee, melted
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 bag of Bobs Red Mill Grain Flatbread Mix
Creamy Gorgonzola Yogurt Sauce:
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1/3 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- 6 oz. filet mignon
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 1/2 cup fresh arugula
- 1/4 cup pickled onions
- optional: grated parmesan
For the Creamy Gorgonzola Sauce:
- To a medium bowl, add yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, fresh rosemary, gorgonzola, salt and pepper. Mix together so there aren’t any huge chunks of gorgonzola. Set aside.
For the Grain Free Flatbread:
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a baking sheet or pizza pan with cooking oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix melted ghee, water, eggs and Bob’s Red Mill Grain Free Flatbread Mix. Once combined, let the mixture rest for 5 minutes.
- Spread flatbread mix out on prepared baking sheet until it forms a 10″ round pizza. Crimp the edges up to form a crust and then lightly brush with olive oil.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest.
For the Steak:
- Preheat oven to 415°F.
- Generously season both sides of filet mignon.
- Heat a large skillet to high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of ghee to the skillet and immediately add steak. Sear for 2 minutes per side.
- Then place skillet with filet in 415°F oven, uncovered, and bake for 5-6 minutes. (for medium rare which is 125-130°F or until you’re desired doneness)
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5-10 minutes.
Build Flatbread Pizza:
- Spread Gorgonzola Sauce all over the baked flatbread crust. Leaving about an 1″ around the sides.
- Place in 400°F oven and bake for 5-7 minutes, until sauce is a little bubbly.
- Remove from oven. Top with fresh arugula, sliced filet mignon and pickled onions.
- Optional: garnish with grated parmesan.
Keywords: flatbread pizza, steak pizza recipe, flatbread pizza recipe, how to make a flatbread pizza, gorgonzola sauce recipe, gluten free pizza, homemade flatbread, gluten free flatbread