Have you ever wanted to know How to Make Pickled Onions? Look no further. This method will have your onions pickled in minutes! They’re delicious on just about anything, especially a burger!
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup white distilled vinegar
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- garlic clove
- Place onions, garlic clove, whole peppercorns, and whole allspice in a large mason jar.
- Add white vinegar and rice vinegar to a small saucepan. Bring to an almost boil and add in sugar and sea salt. Cook until sugar and salt dissolve.
- Pour vinegar mixture over onions. Cover and let sit out at room temperature for at least one hour. Cover tightly and store in refrigerator.
Recipe slightly adapted from Take Two Tapas
Keywords: how to make pickled onions, how to pickle onions, pickled onions recipe, pickled red onions recipe, pickled onions recipe with white vinegar, pickled red onions, quick pickled onions