Crispy Honey BBQ Chicken Wings – baked instead of fried these classic chicken wings are crispy, tender and smothered in a sweet spicy Honey BBQ Sauce! A definite crowd pleaser and the perfect game day recipe!
- 3lbs chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Honey BBQ Sauce:
- 1 1/2 cups favorite BBQ sauce (I used Stubbs)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add chicken to a large bowl. Pat chicken dry.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of canola oil, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, sea salt and pepper. Toss to coat all the chicken.
- Place chicken on a wire rack lined baking sheet. (if you don’t have a wire rack, use parchment paper)
- Bake for 40 minutes, flipping the chicken after 20 minutes.
- Turn the Broiler on to HIGH.
- Place chicken under broiler for 8-10 minutes, until browned.
- In the meantime, heat a medium sauce pan to medium heat. Add BBQ sauce, honey, stone ground mustard and sriracha sauce. Stir and bring to a simmer, let simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove chicken from oven. Place in a large bowl, pour the Honey BBQ sauce over the chicken wings. Using a pair of tongs, toss the wings to coat all of them with the sauce.
- Optional: add chopped chives for garnish.
- Serving Size: 4 wings + sauce
- Calories: 343
- Sugar: 13 g
- Sodium: 660 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 25 g
- Cholesterol: 150 mg
Keywords: bbq chicken wings, baked bbq chicken wings, bbq wings recipe, how to make baked bbq chicken wings, appetizer, game day food, chicken recipe, easy chicken recipes, football food, gluten free recipes, easy dinner ideas, bbq wings in oven