Learn How to Grill the Best Burgers out there with this easy ultimate burger grilling guide. Everything you need to know – the best meat for burgers, how to shape, how to season and how long to cook.
- 2 lbs. grass fed ground beef (80/20 or 85/15)
- salt and pepper
- 6 hamburger buns
- Divide ground beef into 4 (1/2 pound patties) or 6 (1/3 pound patties). Form into patties, being sure not to over handle, that are 1″ thick and a little bigger than the size of your bun. Using a burger press for consist patty sizes.
- Using your thumb, gently indent the center of each burger patty. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Next, heat grill to medium high heat (about 350-400°F).
- Place burger patties on the hot grill and close lid. Sear for 2-3 minutes or until you see browning and grill marks.
- Gently flip the burgers and grill an additional 2-3 minutes for rare, 4-5 minutes for medium-rare or 6-7 minutes for medium well. Be sure to use your thermometer to confirm temperature. If you’re adding cheese to your burger, add the last 1 minute of grilling and close lid to melt the cheese. NOTE: time will be less if cooking 1/3 pound burgers.
- Remove burgers from grill and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve burgers however you like.
- Serving Size: 1 burger
Keywords: how to grill burgers, best burger recipe, how long to grill burgers, how long to cook burgers on grill, how to cook burgers on grill, burger recipe, burger grill time