The BEST Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken you’ll ever make or eat! Moist tender chicken with crispy skin covered in a fresh Pesto Sauce, all in just 45 minutes! This Rotisserie Chicken is a favorite and you’ll love the new technique I use!
- 3-4 lb Just BARE whole chicken
- 8 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup fresh packed basil
- 2 tablespoons raw pecans
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/3 cup of olive oil (or 1/2 cup depending on the type of consistency you like)
- 1/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
Instant Pot Chicken:
- To a pressure cooker add 2 teaspoons fine sea salt and 8 cups of cold water. Place steaming rack in the instant pot. Carefully lower the whole chicken breast side up into the water. Make sure the water covers at least 90% of the chicken.
- Close lid, make sure it is sealed and pressure cook at High Pressure for 0 minute. Yes you read that right.
- Natural Release for 20 – 22 minutes, depending on the size of your bird. (if 4 lbs do the whole 22 minutes) Open the lid very carefully.
- Carefully remove the chicken from the Instant Pot using a pair of tongs or a long wooden spoon or fork to remove. Be carefully as you lift the bird out because there will be hot water inside the carcass of the chicken.
- Once removed. Pat chicken dry and make sure all liquid is out of carcass. Place the whole chicken on a wire rack lined baking sheet, breast side up. Measure the temperature of the thickest part of the chicken, using a meat thermometer. Make sure the internal temperature reaches at least 161°F (72°C).
- Finish in Oven: Place the whole chicken under broiler on HIGH for 5 – 15 minutes until the skin is slightly browned.
- Remove chicken from the oven and top rub homemade pesto into skin.
- Place basil, pecans, garlic, salt, pepper, and lemon zest in a food processor or blender and blend until basil is finely chopped.
- Slowly add the olive oil till smooth.
- Once completely blended. Place the pesto in a bowl and stir in the parmesan cheese.
*Note 1: If the internal temp doesn’t reach this food safe minimum, place it back into the hot liquid for a longer time (5 – 10 minutes) & close the lid.
* Poaching method inspired by Pressure Cooking Recipes
*Federal regulation prohibits the use of hormones in poultry
- Serving Size: 4 oz.
- Calories: 348
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 784 mg
- Fat: 25 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 24 g
- Cholesterol: 124 mg
Keywords: Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken, Rotisserie Chicken, Gluten Free Recipes, Kid Friendly, Easy Dinner Recipes, Easy Healthy Recipes, Homemade Pesto, How to Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken, Pressure Cooker Recipes, Easy Chicken Recipes, Rotisserie Chicken Recipes, Healthy Instant Pot Recipes, Healthy Instant Pot Chicken