Honey Mustard Baked Chicken Wings are the perfect appetizer recipe. Crispy on the outside, tender on the inside and perfectly saucey!
- 2 1/2 – 3 lbs. of chicken wings (drumettes and wings)
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of canola oil
- optional garnish: green onions, sesame seeds
Honey Mustard Sauce:
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup of dijon mustard (I use stone ground mustard because I like the texture of it)
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pat chicken wings dry and place in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl mix paprika, garlic powder, chipotle chili powder, and ground cinnamon.
- Sprinkle seasoning mixture over chicken wings and then add canola oil, toss to coat all the wings.
- Add a wire rack to a baking sheet and evenly spread chicken wings out on wire rack.
- Bake wings for 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven, flip the chicken wings and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat a small pot to medium high heat. Add in mustard, honey, ground mustard, and butter. Stir until butter is melted and sauce is warm.
- Add cooked chicken wings to a large bowl with the honey mustard sauce, toss the chicken wings around with the sauce until all the wings are covered.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and sesame seeds.
- Serving Size: 3 wings
- Calories: 278
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 586 mg
- Fat: 15 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 21 g
- Cholesterol: 140 mg
Keywords: honey mustard wings, baked chicken wings, oven baked wings, honey mustard chicken wings