These healthy, juicy Southwestern Turkey Burgers are stuffed with lettuce, tomatoes, a simple guacamole, and a spicy aioli made with piquillo peppers and chipotle peppers! It’s the ultimate turkey burger recipe made in just 20 minutes!
Southwestern Turkey Burger:
- 1.25lb ground turkey
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, diced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 egg
- salt & pepper
- 2 avocados
- juice of one lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 roasted piquillo peppers
- 1 small chipotle peppers (from a can of chipotle peppers in adobe sauce)
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Roma Tomato, slicced
- Red Leaf Lettuce
- 4 whole wheat buns
- Heat grill to medium high heat, about 400 degrees.
- To a food processor add, piquillo peppers, chipotle pepper, mayo, and lime juice. Blend until smooth and peppers are finely chopped. Set aside.
- In a small bowl add avocado, lime juice, and salt. Using a fork, gently smash the avocado – be careful not to over smash you want it to be somewhat chunky. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add ground turkey, diced onion, fresh cilantro, ground cumin, garlic cloves, egg, salt and pepper. Using your hands mix so everything is combined.
- Form ground turkey mixture into four equal patties.
- Place turkey burgers on grill, and grill for 4-5 minutes per side. (DO NOT push the burger with your spatula is pushes all the juices out) Remove from grill and let sit.
- Place whole wheat buns on grill and toast for 1 minute. Remove from grill.
- Assemble burger – bottom bun, lettuce, burger, tomato, guacamole, spicy mayo slathered onto top bun.
Keywords: best turkey burgers, recipe for turkey burgers, grilled turkey burgers, grilled turkey burgers recipe, how to grill turkey, best turkey recipe, how to make turkey burgers