Southwestern Cobb Wedge Salad with seasoned chicken, bacon, onion rings, charred corn a Poblano Dressing you’ll adore. This wedge salad only takes 30 minutes to make & is under 400 calories a serving!
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped poblanos
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- garlic clove
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 strips of bacon, diced
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 red onion, sliced in rings
- 2 corn ears, shucked
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, quartered
- For the Poblano Dressing: to a food processor add fresh cilantro, poblano pepper, olive oil, lime juice, red wine vinegar, honey, cumin, onion powder, garlic clove, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth and completely blended. (there should be no chunks!) Set aside.
- In a small bowl add cubed chicken, 1 teaspoon of cumin, smoked paprika, oregano, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper. Toss to coat the chicken.
- Heat a skillet to medium high heat.
- Add bacon to the skillet and cook until crispy, about 4-5 minutes. Remove bacon from the pan with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel lined plate.
- Add seasoned chicken to the pan (with the bacon fat), cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove chicken from the pan when all of the pieces are cooked through and there is no pink!
- Next, add the sliced onion rings to the skillet after chicken is removed. Saute until slightly charred. (about 4-5 minutes)
- Turn burners on to medium heat. Add corn directly to the burner. Cook on burners for 5-7 minutes, turning frequently until there is a slight char on all sides. (just so you don’t freak out, the corn will make popping noises, kinda like popcorn hehe) Slice the corn off the cob. Set aside.
- Assemble the wedge salad. Add one quarter of iceberg lettuce to plate, top with bacon, chicken, onion rings, charred corn kernels, cherry tomatoes, and drizzle with dressing.
- Serving Size: 1 wedge salad + dressing
- Calories: 397
- Sugar: 13 g
- Sodium: 639 mg
- Fat: 20 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 38 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 28 g
- Cholesterol: 71 mg
Keywords: homemade dressing, best homemade salad dressing, easy homemade salad dressing, cobb salad recipe, how to make cobb salad