Seasoned with a homemade chipotle spice rub, these Smoky Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast are easier to make than you may think. All you need is chicken, bacon, and a few spices. Wrap the chicken, pop it in the oven, and a mouth-watering dinner will await in under an hour.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 8–12 strips of bacon (not thick cut)
Smoky Chipotle Spice Rub
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with tin foil and then place a baking rack on top. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, add cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, chipotle chili powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Stir together.
- Pat the chicken breast dry with a paper towel. Season each chicken breast with about 1 teaspoon of the spice blend, making sure to get both sides.
- Carefully wrap each chicken breast with bacon strips. Starting at one end, wrapping around and repeating until the chicken breast is covered. (I used around 2 strips per chicken breast, but depending on the size you could use 3.)
- Place prepared chicken breast on baking sheet.
- Bake at 400°F for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Turn oven up to 450°F and place chicken back in the oven for 5-10 minutes, until bacon is crispy and internal temperature of the chicken is at 165°F.
- Remove from oven and allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
- Calories: 286
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 820 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 42 g
- Cholesterol: 111 mg
Keywords: baked chicken breasts, easy chicken breast recipes, chicken wrapped with bacon