A fresh garden tomato bruschetta drizzled over smashed chickpeas and crunchy toasted bread.
For the Bruschetta:
- 4 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chiffoned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
For the Smashed Chickpeas:
- 14 oz. can low sodium chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
For the Crostini:
- 1 loaf french bread, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place sliced french bread on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. (you may need 2 baking sheets)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the bread is slightly browned and crispy.
- In the meantime, to a medium bowl add roma tomatoes, garlic clove, fresh basil, olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Stir to mix everything together and set aside.
- To another medium bowl add chickpeas. Using a fork or masher, smash the chickpeas to until you no longer see large chunks. Add in the tahini, lemon juice and cumin. Using a spoon mix everything together.
- Assemble the crostini. Top each slice of toasted bread with 1 tablespoon of the smashed chickpeas (spread it out) then 1-2 tablespoons of the fresh bruschetta.
Keywords: crostini, how to make a bruschetta, bruschetta