Crock Pot Raspberry-Chipotle Chicken Sliders are an easy meal for your next weeknight family dinner! That Sweet, Spicy Smoky sauce will get you every time!
- 2 lb.s boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cup raspberry jam or preserves
- 1 1/2 tablespoon chipotles in adobe sauce, plus more as needed
- 1 large jalapeno, minced, plus more as needed
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- honey, as needed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch plus 2 tablespoons of water
- 12 slider buns, for serving
- 8 oz. goat cheese
- Place the chicken in the bottom of large crock pot. In a large bowl, add the raspberry jam, adobe sauce, jalapeno, apple cider vinegar, and lemon juice. Mix together. Pour the jam mixture over the chicken. Cover the crock pot and cook on low fro 3-5 hours or until chicken is tender and cooked through.
- Turn off the crock pot, transfer the chicken to a plate and shred the chicken using two forks. Pour the raspberry chipotle sauce from the crock pot to a medium saucepan and transfer the chicken back to the crock pot. Season the chicken to taste with salt and pepper, and cover the crock pot to keep the chicken warm.
- Taste the raspberry chipotle sauce and decide if the flavors need adjusting. If you’d like it to be sweeter, add honey, if you’d like it to be spicer add more adobe sauce or jalapeno.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch and water until smooth and set aside. Place the saucepan of raspberry chipotle sauce over medium high heat and bring to a boil. Whisk the sauce continuously while slowly pouring in the cornstarch mixture. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring continuously, until the sauce is thick and glossy. Pour the desired amount of sauce over the shredded chicken in the crock pot and stir to combine. Serve the chicken on slider buns topped with goat cheese and sliced jalapenos.
Recipe from the Cookbook “Real Food Slow Cooker Suppers” by Samantha Skaggs
Keywords: easy chicken sliders, crockpot chicken sliders, how to make sliders, easy sliders recipe, best sliders recipe, game day food, party food idea