Fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside, these Gluten Free Pumpkin Waffles are loaded with spiced pumpkin goodness. They’re easy to make from scratch with an amazing vanilla pecan maple syrup to go with them!
For the Spiced Pumpkin Waffles
- 2 1/4 cups gluten free oats
- 1/4 cup splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup lactose free milk (or whatever milk you’d like to use)
For the Vanilla Pecan Syrup
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
Make the Waffles
- To a food processor add gluten free oats. Blend until the oats turn into a flour or powder. About 3-5 minutes. You may need to stop the food processor and move the oats around a bit to make sure they all get chopped.
- Remove from processor and place in a large bowl. Then add splenda brown sugar blend, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. Stir the dry ingredients together and set aside.
- To a medium bowl add, 3 eggs, pumpkin puree, coconut oil, vanilla extract and milk. Using a whisk, stir everything together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Using a spatula combine the wet and dry ingredients until they are thoroughly mixed. Let sit for 2-3 minutes to let the oats soak up the liquid.
- Heat a waffle iron to high heat.
- Spray with cooking spray and pour 3/4 -1 cup of the pumpkin waffle batter into the waffle iron. Cook until crispy on the outside. About 3-4 minutes.
Make the Syrup
- While the waffles are cooking, add chopped pecans, maple syrup and vanilla bean paste to a small saucepan. Stir and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and top each waffle with syrup.
- Recipe adapted from Cookie and Kate
- Store in an airtight bag in the fridge for up to 5 days
- Reheat in the toaster or microwave
- Freeze in an airtight bag between layers of wax paper for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge before reheating
- Serving Size: 1/2 waffle
- Calories: 272
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 353 mg
- Fat: 17 g
- Saturated Fat: 12 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 71 mg
Keywords: how to make waffles, gluten free waffles, easy pumpkin waffles