Crispy Moist Gluten Free Pumpkin Waffles made with oat flour, filled with pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice flavor then topped with a Vanilla Pecan Maple Syrup – the perfect fall breakfast!
Pumpkin Spice Waffles
- 2 1/4 cups gluten free oats
- 1/4 cup splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup lactose free milk (or whatever milk you’d like to use)
Vanilla Pecan Syrup:
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- To a food processor add gluten free oats. Blend until the oats turn into a flour or powder. About 3-5 minutes. You may need to stop the food processor and move the oats around a bit to make sure they all get chopped.
- Remove from processor and place in a large bowl. Then add splenda brown sugar blend, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. Stir the dry ingredients together and set aside.
- To a medium bowl add, 3 eggs, pumpkin puree, coconut oil, vanilla extract and milk. Using a whisk, stir everything together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Using a spatula combine the wet and dry ingredients until they are thoroughly mixed. Let sit for 2-3 minutes to let the oats soak up the liquid.
- Heat a waffle iron to high heat.
- Spray with cooking spray and pour 3/4 -1 cup of the pumpkin waffle batter into the waffle iron. Cook until crispy on the outside. About 3-4 minutes.
- While the waffles are cooking. To a small saucepan add chopped pecans, maple syrup and vanilla bean paste. Stir and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and top each waffle with the Vanilla Pecan Maple Syrup mixture.
Recipe adapted from Cookie and Kate
- Serving Size: 1/2 waffle
- Calories: 272
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 353 mg
- Fat: 17 g
- Saturated Fat: 12 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 71 mg