Prosciutto Baked Eggs Cups are an easy and healthy make ahead breakfast boasting 10 grams of protein with only 116 calories per serving!
- 12 slices of proscuitto
- 12 whole eggs
- 1 tablespoon of grape seed oil
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 roasted red pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- garnish: chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Heat a medium saute pan to medium high heat, add grape seed oil and garlic to a pan. Saute for 30 seconds, stirring the whole time. Next, add spinach to the pan and saute for 2-3 minutes until wilted. Season with salt. Add in the roasted red pepper, saute for another minute and remove from heat and set aside.
- Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Fill each muffin cup with prosciutto, making sure to line the bottom and sides of the cup (using little pieces to patch in holes as necessary.)
- Then fill in each muffin cup with 1-2 tablespoons of the spinach mixture.
- Carefully crack 1 egg into each muffin cup. Season with cracked black pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes for runny eggs or 13-15 minutes for set eggs.
- Garnish with chopped chives.
- Serving Size: 1 egg cup
- Calories: 116
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 565 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 1 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 10 g
- Cholesterol: 196 mg
Keywords: egg cups, easy egg cups recipe, make ahead breakfast ideas, proscuitto breakfast, how to make egg cups