- 1 lb.fresh salmon, (skin on)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 3/4 cup fresh diced pineapple
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle pepper in adobe sauce
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice
- 3 avocados, smashed
- juice of 1 lime
- salt to taste
- optional: lime wedges to squeeze on top
- In a medium bowl add, diced pineapple, red pepper, red onion, cilantro, chipotle pepper, lime juice, and salt to taste. Lightly toss to mix.
- In a small bowl add, avocado, juice of 1 lime, and salt to taste. Gently smash the avocado and stir, it will look like a chunky guacamole. Set both the pineapple salsa and smashed avocado aside.
- Remove salmon and bring to room temperature, pat dry.
- In a small bowl add smoked paprika, garlic powder, chipotle chili powder, and sea salt. Stir. Season the flesh side of salmon with seasoning. Rub mixture into salmon to completely cover it.
- Heat large skillet to medium high heat.
- Add canola oil to the pan. Place salmon on pan flesh side down. Saute for 4-6 minutes. Using a flat spatula gently flip the salmon and saute the on the skin side for another 4-6 minutes until crispy. You’ll know the salmon is done when it starts to turn opaque or if the fish feels firm instead of spongy when you touch it. Remove from the pan and let sit.
- Add tortillas directly on the burners and brown until crispy. You want the tortilla to be like a hard shell taco but not burnt.
- With a fork, gently flake the salmon apart.
- Assemble the tostadas. Start with tortilla on the bottom, smear 1-2 tablespoons of avocado on tostada, pile shredded salmon on top, and finish with pineapple salsa.
- Finish with a squeeze of fresh lime juice and serve!
- Serving Size: 1 tostada
- Calories: 283
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 190 mg
- Fat: 17 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 13 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg