Easy Low Carb Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Mushrooms filled with tender steak, sautéed vegetables and gooey cheese.
- 6 large portobello mushrooms, stem and gills removed
Philly Cheesesteak Filling:
- 8 oz. top sirloin steak, if more than an 1″ thick thinly slice in half
- salt & pepper to season
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 oz. shredded provolone cheese
- parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Remove stems and gills from each portobello mushroom. Place on a baking sheet. Spray both sides of the mushroom with oil (or cooking spray) and season with salt. Set aside.
- Season both sides of the top sirloin with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet to high heat.
- Spray with cooking spray and place the top sirloin in the pan. Sear both sides of the steak, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove steak from pan and let rest. Immediately spray pan with cooking spray again and add peppers and onions to the pan. Saute for 2-3 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and onions are somewhat translucent.
- Add vegetables to a large bowl.
- Thinly slice the top sirloin and add to the bowl with the sautéed vegetables. Next, to that same bowl add, sour cream, mayonnaise, prepared horseradish, garlic powder, ground black pepper and provolone cheese. Using a spoon, stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Stuff each portobello mushroom with the steak mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve!
- Serving Size: 1 stuffed mushroom
- Calories: 220
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 252 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 16 g
- Cholesterol: 47 mg
Keywords: low carb stuffed mushrooms, portobello stuffed mushrooms, easy stuffed mushrooms