- 4 slices of bread
- 6 strips of applewood smoked bacon
- 4 thick slices of heirloom tomatoes
- 4–8 leaves of butter lettuce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 8 tablespoons harissa
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- Heat a large cast iron skillet to medium high heat.
- Place strips of bacon in the pan. Cook bacon for 4-5 minutes per side so it’s nice and crispy. Remove and place bacon on a paper towel lined plate to let the grease drain.
- Toast the bread.
- Heat another large skillet to medium high heat.
- Place olive oil in the pan. Add eggs to the pan. Cook until desired temperature. (I cook mine for 1 1/2 minutes. Turn the stove off. Cover the eggs and let sit for 1 minute. It’s the perfect over easy egg. 🙂
- Assemble sandwich: place toast on plate, top with 1-2 leaves of lettuce, one tomato, 2 strips of bacon, one egg, 2 tablespoons of harissa, and green onions. Devour!