This Mushroom Burger with Horseradish Aioli is a delicious gluten free burger recipe! It’s made with caramelized onions and topped with a creamy homemade horseradish aioli!
- 1.25 lbs. lean ground beef
- salt & pepper to season
- 2 tablespoon grape seed oil
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 8 oz. sliced white mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 large beefsteak tomato, cut into 4 thick slices
- 2 cups of greens (I used a baby spinach & kale mixture)
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1 1/2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat grill to medium high heat, about 375-400 degrees.
- Form four 1/3 lb. patties. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a large saute pan to medium high heat. Add grape seed oil and onions to the pan. Saute for 5-7 minutes, until slightly caramelized. Add in the mushrooms. Saute until brown, approximately 5-7 minutes. Season with salt & pepper. Add in the fresh thyme and mustard. Stir to mix all the ingredients together. Cook for another 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, add mayo, horseradish, 1 tablespoon of stone ground mustard, and lemon juice. Stir till smooth and everything is mixed. Set aside.
- Add the burger to the grill. Grill each side for 4-5 minutes.
- Assemble the burgers: 1 slice of tomato, 1/2 cup of greens, burger, 1-2 tablespoons of horseradish aioli, 2-3 tablespoons of mushroom onion mixture.
- Serving Size: 1 burger
- Calories: 423
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 603 mg
- Fat: 27 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 31 g
- Cholesterol: 105 mg
Keywords: mushroom burger, mushroom burger recipe, horseradish aioli, bunless burger, healthy burger, gluten free burger, grilling recipe, easy grilling recipe, summer grilling recipe