This Moroccan Cauliflower Chickpea Pita with Tzatziki Sauce is filled with spiced roasted vegetables and made in just 35 minutes! It’s a meal your family will love, and it’s perfect for meatless Monday!
Moroccan Cauliflower Chickpea:
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 red onion, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/2” slices
- 1 yellow squash, cut into 1/2” slices
- 14 oz. can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Cucumber Yogurt Sauce:
- 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup grated cucumber
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry dill
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- salt to taste
- 7 whole wheat flatbreads
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In large bowl, add cauliflower, red pepper, red onion, zucchini, yellow squash, and chickpeas.
- In a small bowl, add ground cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and ground coriander.
- Add the spice blend to the vegetables along with olive oil. Toss to coat everything.
- Spread vegetables out on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, toss the vegetables around. Bake for another 10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In a small bowl, add greek yogurt, grated cucumber, lemon juice, dry dill, garlic clove, and salt to taste. Stir to combine everything.
- Warm up the flatbread or toast on a skillet for 1-2 minutes. Top with 3/4 cup roasted vegetable mixture and finish with 2 tablespoons of the yogurt cucumber sauce. Serve
- Serving Size: 1 loaded pita
- Calories: 359
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 1052 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Carbohydrates: 56 g
- Fiber: 12 g
- Protein: 15 g
- Cholesterol: 6 mg
Keywords: moroccan recipe, chickpea recipe, pita recipe, quick and easy dinner, quick and easy dinner recipe, easy healthy dinner recipe, easy healthy dinner, tzatziki sauce recipe