These Morning Glory Muffins are a healthy homemade grab-and-go breakfast option. They’re filled with pecans, raisins, and plenty of other tasty and hearty breakfast ingredients!
- 1 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 fuji apple, cored, peeled, and diced
- 1/2 cup seedless raisins
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- Preheat your oven to 350º.
- Chop Fuji Apple (peeled, and cored) into small dices then grate 1/2 cup of carrots.
- In a large bowl, mix whole wheat flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, ground cinnamon, and salt.
- In a small bowl, mix together eggs, vanilla extract, and plain greek yogurt.
- Mix wet mixture together with dry mixture.
- Once all ingredients are incorporated add apples, carrots, seedless raisins, chopped pecans, shredded unsweetened coconut.
- Stir ingredients gently until combined.
- Spoon batter into paper-lined muffin tins.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until cooked through. Bon Appetite! 🙂
(Recipe adapted from Whole Foods Market)
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 231
- Sugar: 23 g
- Sodium: 158 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 35 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 31 mg
Keywords: breakfast muffins, breakfast muffins recipe, healthy muffins recipe, healthy breakfast muffins, homemade muffins, healthy muffins, easy healthy breakfast, healthy make ahead breakfast