Instant Pot Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili a quick gluten free dinner filled with corn, beans, sweet potatoes and deep chili flavor with a surprise ingredient! This healthy vegetarian chili is sure to be a favorite!
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 carrots, sliced into coins
- 4 cups diced sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- salt to taste
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 28 oz. fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 14 oz. low sodium black beans, drained & rinsed
- 14 oz. low sodium kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
optional garnish: greek yogurt, cilantro, diced red onion, sliced jalapeno, avocado, or cheddar cheese
- Turn your Instant Pot onto the Sauté setting and let it heat up.
- Add Avocado Oil to the Instant Pot.
- Next, add diced onions, red peppers and garlic to the Instant Pot. Saute until translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Then add in carrots, sweet potato, cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, chipotle peppers, cinnamon, black pepper and salt. Saute for 3-4 minutes while stirring to mix everything together.
- Next pour in vegetable stock and fire roasted tomatoes. Using a spoon stir everything.
- Place the cover on the Instant Pot. Seal the lid.
- Cancel the Saute setting. Switch the Instant Pot over to the Soup/Broth setting and set timer for 10 minutes.
- When it’s finished, use the the Quick Pressure Release method. Remove the lid once the pressure is completely released.
- Cancel the Soup setting. Switch the Instant Pot over to the Saute setting.
- Add in the black beans, kidney beans, frozen corn, fresh cilantro and lime juice. Let the soup saute for 5 minutes.
- Optional: top with greek yogurt, diced red onion, fresh cilantro and sliced jalapeño.
Keywords: instant pot chili, vegetarian chili, best vegetarian chili, sweet potato chili, black bean chili