These Balsamic Caramelized Onions are the perfect addition to pasta, sandwiches, and just about any meal!
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Heat a medium size skillet to medium high heat.
- Add butter and onions to pan.
- Saute until onions are translucent, about 5-6 minutes. Add in salt and pepper.
- Stir and continue to saute, stirring throughout for another 10 minutes. (the liquid will start to leave and onions will slightly brown, be sure they don’t burn or blacken)
- Add balsamic vinegar to onions, stir and saute for another 2-3 minutes until vinegar has soaked into onions.
- Remove from heat. Store in air tight container for up to one week.
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 46
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 160 mg
- Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 4 mg
Keywords: caramelized onions recipe, best caramelized onions, caramelized onions for burgers