An easy recipe for how to cook beets on the stovetop! Full of nutrients & antioxidants, beets are great for smoothies, side dishes, salads & snacking!
- 6 beets, skin on (I used 3 red and 3 golden)
- Prepare a large bowl with water and ice.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add beets to pot. (if using red and golden beets, be sure to put them in separate pots or the red will dye the golden beets)
- Boil for 20-30 minutes depending on size of beets. (test one of them – you should be able to easily remove the skin if you can’t them let it cook longer)
- Remove beets from boiling water and place in an ice bath.
- Remove skin from beets using your hands, rinse, and slice/dice beets.
- Store in an air tight container.
Keywords: how to cook beets, beet recipes, how to cook beets on the stovetop, best way to cook beets, how to boil beets, easy beets recipe