Low Carb Honey Sriracha Baked Chicken Wings, crispy delicious wings baked in the oven then covered with a sweet ‘n spicy honey sriracha sauce. These Chicken Wings make the perfect game day appetizer!
- 2 lbs. of chicken (mixture of wings and drumettes)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- salt & pepper to season
Honey Sriracha Sauce:
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 Tablespoons honey
- 6 Tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add chicken to a large bowl. Pat chicken dry.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of canola oil. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Gently toss to coat all the chicken.
- Place chicken on a wire rack lined baking sheet. (if you don’t have a wire rack, use parchment paper)
- Bake for 40 minutes, flipping the chicken after 20 minutes.
- Turn the Broiler on to HIGH.
- Place chicken under broiler for 8-10 minutes, until browned.
- In the meantime, to a small saucepan, add butter. Once melted add in fresh ginger and garlic. Stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Next add in smoked paprika, ground cloves, honey, Sriracha and lime juice. Stir to combine and let simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Once chicken is done add to a large bowl. Pour honey sriracha sauce over the top and toss to coat all the wings with the sauce.
- Garnish with chopped chives.
- Serving Size: 3-4 wings
- Calories: 247
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 224 mg
- Fat: 17 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 16 g
- Cholesterol: 106 mg
Keywords: gluten free, chicken recipe, chicken wings recipe, appetizer, low carb, baked chicken wings, honey sriracha sauce, sriracha, crispy chicken wings, football food, game day appetizers,