Learn how to make the perfect Honey Garlic Cedar Plank Salmon on the grill every time. Slather each piece of fresh salmon with a savory honey garlic butter then infuse with smoky cedar flavor for the ultimate summer dinner recipe!
- 1 lb. of salmon (or four 4oz filets), skin removed
- 2 cedar plank boards (7″x12″)
- 1 lemon, sliced
Honey Garlic Sauce:
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- salt and pepper to season
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted
- Soak cedar plank in water for at least 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, to a small bowl add garlic cloves, dijon mustard, honey, fresh rosemary, fresh thyme, salt, pepper and melted better. Stir to combine.
- Preheat grill half of the grill to medium high heat, about 375-400°F.
- Place salmon skin side down, with skin removed, on cedar plank. Season with honey garlic sauce. Top each salmon filet with two slices of lemon.
- Put cedar plank salmon over indirect heat side of grill and cover. Grill for 20-25 minutes, until salmon becomes flaky or until thickest part of salmon reaches 135°F.
- Remove from grill and serve.
- Serving Size: 1 salmon filet
- Calories: 280
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 198 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 32 g
- Cholesterol: 102 mg
Keywords: cedar plank salmon, cedar plank salmon recipe, honey garlic salmon, cedar plank salmon on the grill, grilled salmon, how to grill salmon