This delicious homemade whole wheat pizza dough is a healthy alternative for classic pizza dough. This simple recipe only uses seven ingredients!
- 3/4 cup warm water (105°F to 115°F)
- 1 envelope active dry yeast
- 1 cup of All-Purpose flour
- 1 cup of Whole Wheat flour
- 1 tsp. of sugar
- 3/4 tsp. of salt
- 3 T. of Olive Oil
- Pour warm water into small bowl with yeast, stir.
- Let stand until yeast is completely dissolved, about 3-5 minutes.
- Brush large bowl with 1 T. of Olive Oil.
- In stand mixer (use a knead hook) or food processor; mix flour, sugar, and salt until combined.
- Add yeast mixture and 3 T. of Olive Oil.
- Continue to mix dough until it forms a sticky ball.
- Remove dough and place on a flat floured surface. Knead the dough until smooth, continue to add flour to dough until it is no longer sticky. (about 1-2 minutes)
- Place dough in prepared Olive Oil bowl, cover bowl with plastic wrap so it is completely sealed and place in warm draft-free area. (I usually put my oven on 350° and place the covered bowl on my stove, works like a charm.)
- Let sit for 1 hour, until it has doubled in size.
- Remove plastic wrap and punch down dough.
- Roll out dough on floured surface to desired size. (you can also make this recipe a day ahead of time and place dough in tightly sealed container in refrigerator).
(adapted from Giada De Laurentiis)
Keywords: homemade pizza dough recipe, italian pizza dough recipe, homemade pizza dough, easy homemade pizza dough, whole wheat pizza dough, how to make pizza dough, how to make homemade pizza dough, how to make pizza dough from scratch,