This Super Easy Whole Wheat Pizza Dough comes together in minutes. A simple healthy dough you can use make all your favorite pizzas – make it thick or thin, personal size or whole, bake it or grill it.
- 3/4 cup warm water (105°F to 115°F)
- 1 envelope active dry yeast
- 1 cup of All-Purpose flour
- 1 cup of Whole Wheat flour
- 1 tsp. of sugar
- 3/4 tsp. of salt
- 3 T. of Olive Oil
- Pour warm water (105°F-115°F) into small bowl with yeast, stir.
- Let stand until yeast is completely dissolved, about 3-5 minutes.
- Brush large bowl with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- In stand mixer (using a knead hook) or food processor; mix all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sugar and salt until combined.
- Now, add yeast mixture and 3 tablespoons of olive oil to the mixing bowl. Continue to mix dough until it forms a sticky ball, usually 2-3 minutes.
- Remove dough and place on a flat floured surface. Knead the dough until smooth, continue to add flour to dough until it is no longer sticky. (about 1 minute)
- Place dough in prepared olive oil brushed bowl. Lightly brush the top of the pizza dough ball with olive oil as well. Now, cover bowl with plastic wrap so it is completely sealed and place in warm draft-free area.
- Let sit for 1 hour, until it has doubled in size.
- Remove plastic wrap and punch down the dough.
- Roll out dough on floured surface to desired size. (makes 1 large pizza, 2 medium or 4 personal size)
(adapted from Giada De Laurentiis)
Keywords: homemade pizza dough recipe, italian pizza dough recipe, homemade pizza dough, easy homemade pizza dough, whole wheat pizza dough, how to make pizza dough, how to make homemade pizza dough, how to make pizza dough from scratch, whole wheat pizza dough recipe