Roasted Tomato Caprese Pasta Salad, an easy pasta salad filled with tomatoes, roasted garlic, fresh basil, and mozzarella. A delicious cold caprese salad everyone will love – fresh, easy and perfectly light for a summer potluck or BBQ!
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed (leave peel on when roasting), minced after roasted
- 4 cups of cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons of white balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper
- 6 oz. fresh basil, sliced into ribbons
- 8 oz. fresh perline mozzarella balls (perline are the small balls that come in a container of water)
- 1 lb. rigate pasta (penne or rotini would work as well)
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta cooking liquid
- 1 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Smash garlic and leave peel on.
- Place cherry tomatoes and smashed garlic on baking sheet and season with 1 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place tomatoes and garlic in oven for 10-15 minutes, once finished peel garlic and mince. Set tomatoes and minced garlic aside.
- Cut basil into ribbons. (pile basil leaves on top of each other, roll them up, and thinly slice.)
- In the meantime, bring a medium sized pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, place pasta in water.
- Cook until al dente. (8-10 minutes depending on the type of pasta)
- Once pasta is done, take out 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking liquid and set aside. Drain the rest of the liquid.
- Place pasta, basil, mozzarella, minced roasted garlic, roasted tomatoes, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, reserved cooking liquid, white balsamic vinegar and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix all ingredients together until completely combined.
- Serve. (you can serve immediately or as a cold pasta salad)
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 225
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 237 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 31 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 9 g
- Cholesterol: 20 mg
Keywords: caprese pasta salad, pasta salad recipe, caprese recipes, vegetarian pasta salad, summer side dishes, roasted tomatoes, easy pasta salad, cold pasta salad, best pasta salad, pasta salad ideas