Mini potatoes are seasoned with garlic, thyme and rosemary, then roasted in the oven until they’re crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. These easy Garlic Herb Roasted Potatoes are a standout side dish!
- 1.5 lb. mini yellow potatoes (1″ in diameter)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 T. fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 2 T. fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 3 T. olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Add the whole potatoes to a large pot and cover them with water. Bring to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes until fork tender. Drain water.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Put potatoes in a bowl. Add rosemary, thyme, garlic, olive oil, pepper and salt (generously season with salt here because the potatoes will soak it all up, you don’t want them tasting bland.)
- Toss to coat. Spread seasoned potatoes out in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Roast for 20 minutes, turning potatoes over halfway through to ensure equal roasting.
- To Store: Refrigerate cooled potatoes in a shallow airtight container or a resealable storage bag with all of the air squeezed out. Enjoy within 4 days.
- To Reheat: Reheat in a 400°F oven until warmed through.
- To Freeze: First, freeze cooled potatoes on a baking sheet for about 1 hour, until frozen solid on the outside. Then, transfer them to small freezer bags, squeeze out the air, seal bags and freeze. Frozen potatoes last for up to 6 months. You can reheat them from frozen or thaw them in the fridge beforehand.
Keywords: roasted mini potatoes, garlic potatoes, herb roasted potatoes